Now a days CCTV camera is an essential equipment for various reasons. It has wide range of applications in today’s world. They are used in homes, businesses, and public places to improve security and safety. But very few of us know that there are different types of CCTV cameras, each with different functionality. Now it becomes very important that we select the right kind so that we fulfill our requirements.
In the home, CCTV cameras can be used to monitor activity inside and outside the house, to deter burglars, and catch them, also used to monitor children and pets. In businesses, these are used to monitor employees and customers. Where as in public places, CCTV cameras is used to improve security and safety. They can deter crime and help to solve crimes that do occur. They can also be used to monitor traffic and crowd control. For all these situations you need different types of cctv cameras.
If you are also looking for CCTV installation and don’t exactly know which type to buy then this blog is the solution for you. In this blog we are going to list all different types of cctv cameras available in the market. Also we will discuss their functionality in details so that you can buy perfect CCTV according to your requirements. So let’s start our list for different types cctv cameras.
Read here: why iPhones are so expensive?
Broadly there are 3 different types of CCTV cameras. Those are listed below.
Analog CCTV CAMERAS
Analogue cctv cameras just like any other cctv camera visibly but they have some different mechanism interms of connectivity. You will find TVL technology which means you can directly watch the CCTV footage on TV.
- These type of cameras are not so much expensive so you can install more number of cameras in your house or any other area.
- These type of cameras are not that much expensive in terms of installation. For this you only need to connect BNC connector and Power connector to the camera.
- The user interface of this camera is very simple and you can easily learn it’s application.
- One of the major drawback of this CCTV is that you can only watch one footage per one TV. To visit multiple footage in the same TV you need to install DVR.
- For its installation you need experienced workers.
IP CCTV CAMERAS
Now we will discuss about IP (internet protocol) CCTV Cameras. If you want to access your CCTV Cameras from anywhere in the world then you need to install this type. It is operated with the help of Internet. This type is also called digital cctv cameras. These are different from analogue cctv cameras and work over the digital signal.
- We don’t need DVR for this. You can access your cameras in laptop or PC.
- These are more advanced than analogue cctv cameras.
- The video quality of these cameras are also comparatively better. You can record the footage in 4K also.
- The installation process is easy as there is very less requirement of cables here.
- These are a bit expensive then other cameras.
- To keep the record of your footage you need one Network Video Recorder. So you need to buy space to store footage.
WIRELESS CCTV CAMERAS
Now let’s know about wireless cctv cameras. As the name suggests you don’t need any cables for installing this or using this. This also works with the help of Internet and WiFi so that we can watch live footage anytime. You can watch live footage in your Mobile at any place & any time. The features of this cameras are amazingly good but this comes with a higher price.
- You can easily install these cameras at any place on your own.
- You can shift these cameras from one point to another within seconds.
- They can be fitted at any corner of your house as they dont have any wire.
- You can easily connect this camera to your mobile just by installing the required application.
- The price of these cameras are very high.
- You will always need the internet for using this and can’t operate incase of Network problems.
Apart from these major types of cctv cameras you might have seen some cameras of different shapes, sizes in different places. Some of these are round, some are long. So what are these? All those cameras have different names. To know about those read this blog further and find out in details.
Dome CCTV Cameras
This looks like a half cut cricket ball. These are suitable to install in places where the ceiling is flat. Lookwise they are very attractive and add an aesthetic value also. You might have seen such cameras in Banks, offices or in shops.
- Indoor and outdoor
- Vandal resistant
- Rotating camera and wide angle
- Night vision
Bullet CCTV cameras
As you can see in the photo bullet cctv camera looks like a bullet shell, hence the name. These are used for the outdoor purpose. You might have seen these type of cctv cameras outside the office premises, at the Toll gate, or at the parking areas. They have very good video quality hence are very useful in outdoor.
- Long distance view
- Indoor & outdoor
- Night vision
PTZ CCTV cameras
The full form of PTZ is Pan, Tilt, Zoom. Till now we were discussing about the cameras which focuses at a single point but this one is different. By the help of this camera you can focus at any point, or zoom it to get a clear view. This camera can rotate in any direction as per the need of the user. You might have seen these type of cameras in high security regions.
- 200 meters Night vision
- 36X optical zoom
- Motion Tracking
- Remote control
C-Mount CCTV Cameras
You might have seen these type of cameras in different shopping malls. The tip of this camera has a detachable lens and we can attach new lenses after detachment of old ones. The image quality of these cameras are very good as you can customize the lens according to your requirements.
- Detachable lens
- Best for indoor
- High resolution image
High Definition (HD) CCTV Cameras
As the name suggest these are the cameras with very high quality censor and they capture very high resolution image. These are mostly installed in high security places like Banks, casinos etc.
- Zoom without loosing focus
- Offering maximum safety
- Both for indoor and outdoor
ANPR/LPR CCTV Cameras
ANPR stands for Automatic Number Plate Recognition. These are special cameras which is used for recognizing vehicle registration number. They also store the data. You might have seen these cameras in toll gate areas, parking areas, shopping malls etc.
- Vehicle theft prevention
- Car park access control
- Traffic rules & regulations control
Now you have a brief idea about the different type of cctv cameras available in the market. Before going for cctv installation it is very much important to know for which purpose you are buying and how much budget you have. We hope that now this doubt of yours would have been cleared. If you want to know any further details then you can comment your doubt in the comment section. We will be more than happy to help you.
If you like reading our post then you can allow the notification so that you will get notified whenever we post such informative content. You can also like our Facebook Page to stay updated.